Saturday, January 26, 2008

PARIS







Paris is a city in France and it is hands down the greatest place in the world. You can eat beef carpaccio and french onion soup, ribeye steak with peppercorn brandy sauce, gelatto and apple tarts, etc. You can also pop champagne in the shadow of the Eiffel Tower on New Years, wander through museums full of priceless works of art, take a boat down the river and attend Christmas Eve mass at Notre Dame.

But even though there is no better place in the world I still returned to Georgia. And here I am. Eating cabbage soup, teaching class, and freezing. I miss central heating and fresh brewed coffee and even the chair we decorated in place of the Christmas tree we didn't have. I miss you Paris. Things just aren't the same.


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ryan
Nice to read Paris after Death to Piggy.
Bird Flu - How about mad cow...
Ahhh well. Seems you are making remarkable contributions to our ongoing cultural exchange issues.
Best to you
cousin Erik

4:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nickum, brother, friend, closest ally. Please please keep updating this blog. Keep writing. Keep writing exactly wtf you want to write. I'm serious. Don't let them cleave your balls off the way you cut off the pigs head. I'm serious. You need to take control and just say what you got to say. Maybe let someone else read it first -- that's always smart. But maybe it's just time to say what's on your chest. So much love went into this blog. Sustain.

8:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ryan.
I live in Tbilisi. I know English very few and I want to empove It. so I read some bookes not to forget langauge. but now I start reading your blog and write down the words what I cann't understand.
your story is interesting, funny, sad and etc.
So you can sum up that you learn lenguage me too. :)
Good-luck. bye bye.
Nona.

4:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home